Do’s & Don’ts before earthquake
- Always keep a fire extinguisher, first aid box, flash light and extra batteries at your premise.
- You should know first aid.
- You should know the way to turn off water, gas and electricity.
Do’s & Don’ts during earthquake
- If you are indoors, get yourself covered by sitting under a table, desk, bed or other piece of heavy furniture; and hold on there until the shaking stops. Stay away from outside doors, windows, walls and glass.
- If you are outdoors, stay away from power lines, street lights, trees and buildings.
- If you are driving, stop the vehicle right away and stay inside. Do not stop car near or under trees, bridges, power lines,
- Don’t use elevators.
Do’s & Don’ts after earthquake
- Check yourself and fellow ones for any injuries.
- Get ready for aftershocks.
- Check water, electric and gas lines for damage
- Use a torch, instead try to switch on the lights.
- Do not walk around the streets to inspect the severity of damage.
- If trapped under debris, cover your mouth with a cloth and shout, tap a pipe or blow a whistle, so that rescuers can locate your easily.